Upload Download (UDL) has been used for many years to remotely manage alarm systems. More recently, the technology has been adapted so that alarm systems can be tested remotely to reduce the cost of maintenance. for both Remote Service and UDL.
The Terrier IP Alarm Signalling system’s “always on” secure data link between site and monitoring centre provides the path for:
- uploading and downloading alarm system information
- remote service interrogation and reports
In addition to the basic functions of passing alarm messages from the site and sending commands to the site
- fewer engineer visits so the customer has less site disturbance
- faults can often be remotely diagnosed and dealt with more speedily
- centralised information with easy access to alarm panels
- fully monitored secure connection to monitoring centre
- and costs can be reduced!