Dual-Path alarm signalling is the preferred option in many circumstances, whether it is an insurance requirement, for health and safety reasons or simply for reliability when networks can be disrupted for maintenance purposes.
Our dual-path SPT4 maintains two “always on” virtual connection(s) to the monitoring centre and these provide reliable, flexible and fault tolerant signalling paths for alarm and control messages. The connection(s) are assured by rigorous authentication techniques and protected by AES data encryption.
The dual-path SPT counts the following amongst its features:
- It monitors its power supply and sends an alarm if this fails
- It offers Pin Input, Dial Capture and Serial connections for alarm systems
- It has inputs that can be set for High or Low voltage alarms
- It has relay outputs that can be remotely or locally controlled
- It provides Upload/Download connection to alarm panels
- It ensures both connections to the monitoring centre are available at all times
- It can provide an emergency telephone facility (as in a lift) and call pre-set numbers when activated so the caller can speak to a 24 hour helpline
- It can disable inputs under local or remote control for Day/Night reporting of inputs
Quick to install and set up with Diagnostic LEDs that indicate its status, they are often installed before the premises has its Internet connection. GPRS-Only cover will allow stock to be moved in and the device will become properly dual-path when the LAN is installed.
Should any re-configuration be required, this can be done through our lap-top configurator or we can be do it remotely.